We believe that you should be able to enjoy the benefits of being a landlord, without taking on any extra work or stress. The rental market is performing strongly in Newport and surrounding areas, and there’s plenty of opportunity to generate an excellent rental yield for landlords.
Our property management services in Newport are entirely bespoke and tailored to your personal requirements. We cover a wide area, so whether your property is in South East Wales or Newport itself, we can help manage it to its full potential. All our services operate on a ‘no let, no fee’ basis. That means, if in the unlikely situation we can’t find you a suitable tenant, you won’t pay us a penny.
What level of property management do you need?
The first step is to arrange a meeting with one of our rental experts, either in person or over the phone, to discuss your requirements. We’ll carry out a free valuation to give you an idea how much rent your property could achieve, then, we’ll put together a tailored management plan for you to consider, with a break-down of the fees involved.
Our services include the following:
Finding new tenants:
- Free property appraisal
- Comprehensive marketing
- Accompanied viewings for pre-screened applicants
- In depth tenancy referencing, which includes land registry checks where appropriate
- Tenant social media checks
Paperwork and legalities:
- Preparing an ARLA approved tenancy agreement
- Preparing a detailed photo and written inventory
- Serving all mandated documents to the tenants at the start of the tenancy
- Obtaining necessary signatures from tenants
- Placing the tenant’s deposit in a government-backed deposit protection service, in accordance with the law
- Taking meter readings when the tenant moves in, and delivering the readings to the utility suppliers
- Providing the council tax department with your tenant’s details
- Checking the tenant into the property
- Collecting rent each month on your behalf
- Chasing late rental payments, if necessary
- Being the first point of contact for tenants, if any issues arise
- Dealing with maintenance issues
- Assuring compliance with Government legislation
- Carrying out thorough, regular property inspections, to ensure there are no issues that you should be aware of
- Service of notices (when appropriate)
End of tenancy services:
- Arranging for a tenancy extension (if required)
- Ending the tenancy once the contract term is complete
- Checking the tenant out of the property once the tenancy has ended
- Negotiating deposit-return (e.g. if any money needs to be withheld to cover accidental damage etc.)
- Arranging any end of tenancy repairs
- Providing unlimited advice and support
- Producing a draft Self Assessment form at the end of the tax year
We also offer temporary property management services (for example, if you’re looking for someone to manage things while you’re on holiday), and a key-holder service (if you manage the property yourself but live far away, and want someone to provide access from time to time).
Freelancer Lets and Sales – A service to rely on
We’re a family-run company, and proud of our excellent reputation in the local area. We are super honoured to have won the Prestige Awards Best Estate Agent, Cardiff and South Wales 2020 award. It’s our job to ensure that your property is managed efficiently and profitably. When you work with Freelancer Lets and Sales, you can expect:
- Good communication. Whenever you need us, we’re just an email or phone call away. We’ll also keep you up to date on all developments relating to your buy-to-let property.
- Guidance and advice. If we see an opportunity for you to enhance your property, or maximise your rental yield, we’ll let you know. We’ll also give you all the support you need when it comes to the legalities of being a landlord.
- Targeting marketing and advertising. Our marketing efforts are always targeted towards finding the best tenants for your property – individuals with a proven track-record of being reliable, timely with their rental payments, and respectful.
- Speedy payments. We’ll never hold onto your rent money for no good reason. Usually, all monies received are paid into your bank account within one working day.
- Local presence. With the benefit of being situated in a traditional office you are welcome to visit us at anytime. Parking is free in one of the nearby carparks.
If you’d like to find out more about how we can help you, simply get in touch with our property management team today.