If you’re looking for a property to rent in or around Newport, contact us today. We’re a friendly, independent, family run Newport property letting agency and we’ll be happy to help you find the perfect property to rent.
Here are the steps to securing your perfect home:
- Either contact us by phone or email to make an appointment for a viewing. We are very flexible and can usually accommodate evening and weekend viewings. Once the appointment is booked, one of our friendly staff will meet you at the property to show you around and answer any questions you might have.
- Reserve your property by paying the holding deposit, which is usually equivalent to one week's rent.
- You will then receive a link to an online referencing form. We will then arrange for a credit check and references from any current landlord and employer to be gained. We will also reference your guarantor should you need one. We will require proof of your identity and address, a passport or photocard driving licence is ideal.
- The rent will usually be based on a calendar month, and will become due monthly in advance. Unless otherwise stated, the rent does not usually cover Council tax, utilities (Gas, Electricity, Water) and telephone costs – these bills will need to be paid by you. The first month’s rent will need to be paid in cleared funds (we prefer online banking) prior to the start of the tenancy, thereafter it should be paid by standing order directly into the bank account nominated by us.
- A ‘dilapidation’ deposit, usually equivalent to a minimum of one month’s rent will usually be required, and also become payable in cleared funds before the start of the tenancy. This deposit will be protected in one of the Government-authorised schemes, currently the TDS. The deposit is held to cover any damage or loss by the tenant under the terms of the tenancy agreement.
- On the day you move in, we’ll meet you to sign the lease, agree meter readings, agree the property inventory and handover the keys. Then it’s over to you!
View details of the permitted fees charged to Tenants.
Useful Links for when moving home
Moving in or moving out? Here are some useful links to get you going in the right direction!
Find a council tax band: Visit Website
Redirect your mail: Visit Website
Change your details with DVLA – for your driving license: Visit Website
For your car registration document: Visit Website
To stay on the electoral role (helps your credit rating!): Visit Website
To transfer your tv license to your new address: Visit Website
There are plenty of others to remember to tell too, e.g. Your bank, phone providers etc, and this little service makes it all so easy: Visit Website